Friday, July 23, 2010

Birthing time: Hospital

The hospital:

Your stay in the hospital can vary in days. 2 days is for a normal vaginal delivery and 3 days is normal for a c-section.

Call your hospital that you are delivering at they have tours you can do so you can see the room and ask all the questions.
Take the epidural. lol I wasn't going to but it was the best thing ever! For your bag take going home clothes (stay comfy you just had a baby sweats and a t-shirt kind of thing).
You can pack a gown and underwear but I just wore what they had bc you are bleeding and I didn't want to ruin my stuff. Plus they give you these mesh undies you can put these ice packs in, ah heaven.
Use whatever they have and take whatever they give you home. I slept on the pads for days so I didn't bleed on my bed.
As for the baby...you can take an outfit or two but they usually have them in like a hospital onesis and a blanket. Bring one or two for pictures and going home, but it's just easier to use what they have.
Now for personal things: Bring your hairbrush, makeup, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, and anything along that line. Bring your own pillow you will be more comfortable. I had one of those long boppy pregnancy pillows, it made things so much better. Bring things to keep you busy, laptop if you have one, books, iPods, and books. Really bring anything to pass the time because you never know how long you will be there. Remember to bring your cell phones, chargers, cameras, and extra batteries.
Now for your husband tell him to bring the same things just pack some extra clothes. Have him bring a pillow and a small blanket, hospital things aren’t always great. Also put snacks in his bag like, granola bars, fruit snacks and things of that sort. I snacked on Jerrod’s because I was so hungry, they don’t feed you once you are admitted in and in my case I was there 26.5hours before Wyatt was born.
If you google hospital checklist or something like that you can usually find what people bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment